Thanks for your interest in LigaData Inc. We’re made up of a great team of people around the world with decades of experience in big data and digital transformation. You should find all the key facts you need here, but let us know by emailing press[at]ligadata.com if there’s anything else. Zip file of logos available on request.
LigaData was founded in 2014 by two data veteran executives, Bassel Ojjeh and Krishna Uppala, who’d spent more years than they’d care to remember working for firms riding the dot com waves. As the tsunami of big data started to build, it became clear that the digital behemoths such as Google and Facebook, with their thousands of engineers, were positioning themselves to leverage that data. But what about the other guys? Those companies large in size and potential, but poor in data utilization. Banks, telcos, healthcare providers and insurers: all were collecting vast amounts of information on their customers and behavior, but struggling to extract much value. Sometimes this was because their legacy IT systems were so deeply embedded in their wider infrastructure and processes that the prospect of making changes was overwhelming. At others, it was simply because of an inability to find the right skill sets… or someone to provide a realistic vision.
This is why LigaData exists: to help enterprises realize the potential of their big data.
- Decisioning is everything. Good storage is important, but when it comes to finding actionable insights, It’s what you do with your data that counts.
- There’s no single solution. The best results are delivered from a bespoke combination of existing, proprietary and partner software, tailored to each particular enterprise.
- The end user is paramount. We spend a lot of time with data scientists, analysts, and boardroom executives. Let’s just say that even the most whizz-bang dashboard doesn’t always cut it..
- Company founded: 2014
- Head office: Palo Alto, California, USA
- Company name: Soccer fans will immediately get the reference to Bundesliga, La Liga, Liga MX. LigaData is a league of data experts we’ve assembled to deliver value for our clients. (Goaaallll!)
Company boilerplate (2019)
LigaData is a pioneering digital transformation company, based in Silicon Valley, California. Its software products are used by enterprises around the world to extract value from their big data lakes, whether through improved analytics, decisioning or AI. LigaData’s customers include leading telecommunication, financial and security organizations.